June is Pride Month!
On June 1, 2021, President Biden recognized the valuable contributions of LGBTQ+ individuals across the United States and reaffirmed their commitment to standing in solidarity with their ongoing struggle against discrimination and injustice.
That makes him one of three presidents to declare a pride month: Bill Clinton in 1999 and 2000, then Barack Obama in 2009 through 2016, and now Joe Biden in 2021.
It’s crazy to think that first march was over fifty years ago. Fifty years. That’s a crazy long time to still be fighting the same fight. And to only be recognized by three presidents over the span of eleven years.
Here are five organizations that you can donate to support the LBGTQ+ community today, but you can browse Charity Navigator to find more organization if want to find another organization to support.
- Trevor Project – https://www.thetrevorproject.org/
- It Gets Better Project – https://itgetsbetter.org/
- GLSEN – https://www.glsen.org/
- Resource Center – https://www.myresourcecenter.org/
- Pride Foundation – https://pridefoundation.org/