Buffalo Cauliflower Bites take the perfect sauce of your favorite wings, then simply adds them to vegetables. We’re swapping chicken with cauliflower here. Though this may not be the healthiest dish to have during the week, try to save this recipe for the weekends or for a game day party.
I usually consider chicken wings to be the main course of the meal, but it doesn’t have to be this way. Chicken doesn’t have to be the main feature of the meal (even though I love it so much!). Cauliflower keeps its shape when it’s cooked, so it was easy to bread them and add them in the oil. Some of the pieces end up being too small, though, so watch what is going into the oil.
This recipe is a side dish or an appetizer that would be great for any gathering. You can find more appetizer recipes here. Bring on the game nights!
- Oil for frying
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1¼ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1¼ cups buffalo-style hot sauce (such as Frank’s)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Blue cheese dressing, for dipping
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil into a medium sauce pan. Prepare a plate with a few paper towels.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour with the garlic powder, salt, black pepper and cayenne.
- Working with a few pieces at a time, dip the cauliflower into the egg, then dip them into the flour mixture and toss well to coat. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Fry the cauliflower until the pieces are evenly golden brown. Time will depend on the size of the cauliflower. Let the cauliflower rest on the paper-towel-lined plate.
- Melt the butter in another sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk in the buffalo sauce until well combined. Add in chopped parsley.
- Add the fried cauliflower to the sauce and gently toss to coat.
- Serve the cauliflower immediately with blue cheese dressing for dipping.