I used to be so good at setting goals for myself. Maybe it was because I had way more free time in my early twenties than I do now in my early thirties. But that makes me beg the question “Why?” when I no longer have school as my top priority.
I have no excuse for not creating goals.
As a lot of my friends are setting intentions for the new year and new decade, I have decided to do the same. My husband always calls me basic for following my friends, but when something is as crucial for a new beginning, a new start, then it’s good to be basic! With that out of the way, my phrase to start off the new year is “No Excuses.” Look at me, I’m a walking, talking Nike billboard .
Okay, so I know it’s already January 29, but it’s better to be late to this party, right?
Over Christmas break I had worked on my photography website. And you know what? I absolutely hate it. The important lesson here is that I started. I could be waiting forever to get my butt into high-gear and have a P.E.R.F.E.C.T. website. At least I have one. Before I had to go back to work on January 2, I created a to-do list for myself:
- Create social media plan
- Add Facebook and Instagram icons to photography website
- Write about page
- Create Travel section
- Write one blog post (on this domain)
- Create a big “To Do” for all my websites
- Work on portfolio
See? I’m just a little bit ambitious. As of today, I have only done the first item…but I started working on my photography Instagram and Facebook account. I have been working to build that up because I want to keep photographing and sharing images of all the lovely people I’ve been meeting lately.
Now that almost a month has passed since I created my initial to-do list, I have so many more ideas of what to add or what to change. And I finally felt like writing my first blog post – with no excuse. Welcome!
My name is Katie Kinsley. I, like everyone else, am a multi-faceted person. I have a lot of interests and I’ve been trying to find a way to best express myself through various online avenues. I’ve settled on building this very convoluted, but separate structure to showcase my interests in silos.
katiekinsley.com – This is the place to share with you my digital marketing knowledge. I intend for it to help you start your adventure in the digital space. I want to help you by being a resource!
https://katiekinsley.com/category/recipes/ – This is the place where you can find delicious recipes that my family makes. I want to keep it ad free because sometimes other recipe websites are so bogged down with ads left and right. And I get it, they’re making money off it, but sometimes I really want to get to the recipe and I don’t have time for slow-loading videos.
photography.katiekinsley.com – This is the place where you can find my various adventures in photography. I am definitely an amateur in the truest form: one who does something for the pleasure of it. I definitely would love to get to the point where I am paid for my talents, but, as of January 2020, I am exploring as many avenues as I can until I find my best fit.
I am v. ambitious. Hello 2020! Here are the 20 posts I intend to write in 2020 (fyi, I wrote this down in summer 2019 and am just getting this all started):
- Welcome Message (& meet the author)
- On Getting Started
- Choosing Your Business Name and Not Being Basic
- Back to Basics…Blogging 101
- Building Your Foundation – How to Choose the Right Blogging Platform
- Getting Technical – The Importance of Google Analytics for Your Website
- Getting More Technical – How to Add Google Analytics to Your Website
- Getting Even More Technical – Connecting Google Search Console to Your Google Analytics Account
- Getting Started with Google Tag Manager
- Finding Your Voice and Making Your Message Loud and Clear
- Getting Started on Social Media
- How to Marie Kondo Your Digital Life (Cleaning Up & Unfollowing)
- Getting Your Website the Self-Care it Needs (& You Need Too)
- Simple SEO to Make Your Website Found
- Free Stock Photo Websites For When You Don’t Have the Perfect Image
- How to Create Your Website’s Brand
- How to Stay “On Brand” When Your Write Something Off Topic
- Setting Up Google Adsense if You Want to Monetize Your Website
- Don’t “Fake It” ‘Til You Make It –> Gain Confidence Instead!
- Lead Magnets – What Do I have to Offer?
I hope you’ve caught on to the vibes I’m throwing at you with my digital marketing intentions. Let’s get this decade started!