- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts
- 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 15 oz can chili beans
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 oz cream cheese very soft
- Top with: Mexican blend shredded cheese, sour cream and/or avocado
- In a large crockpot (I use a 6 quart crockpot), add in the enchilada sauce, undrained tomatoes, undrained chili beans, drained and rinsed black beans, drained corn, and uncooked chicken breasts.
- I like to cut each chicken breasts into 2-3 pieces after removing the fat only if I'm cooking this on high (cooks faster/more evenly in my crockpot).
- Add in the chicken stock and all of the seasonings. Stir well.
- Cover and place on high for 3-5 hours (or until chicken will easily shred) or low for 5-8 hours (again, until chicken will shred easily)
- Remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred in another bowl using two forks.
- Meanwhile, cube the cream cheese into small cubes (it should be very softened -- melt in microwave) and put them in the crockpot. Stir well and cover. Change temperature to high. Let it sit for a few minutes and then using a large whisk, briskly whisk the cream cheese to melt.
- Add the shredded chicken back into the crockpot. Stir and cover. Cook on high until all the cream cheese is completely melted. Stir.
- Serve with sour cream, cheddar cheese, avocado, and fresh cilantro as desired. If you only do one topping, to me, cheddar cheese is a MUST!
You can find more dinner recipes.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how it turned out in the comments below!