I’ve been using Site Kit for quite a while, but I’m finally getting around to writing about it. If you run a site with WordPress, you’re probably interested in how people find and use your website. Site Kit can answer some of your questions while analyzing your site’s performance all in one place.
What is Site Kit by Google?
Site Kit is a one-stop WordPress Plugin that allows you to deploy, manage and get insights from Google tools on your site. It also allows you to see everything in a single Dashboard within WordPress. You can connect to Search Console, Analytics, PageSpeed Insights and Adsense to your Site Kit.
Having all of this information right at your fingertips gives you the benefit of saving time – time from checking multiple websites every single time. Sit Kit offers you a snapshot of you progress and success in simple-to-read stats.
Install Site Kit by Google
1. Head over to Site Kit by Google. When you click on “Install Site Kit,” you will be taken to the the plugin information page on WordPress’ website.
2. You can also do a plugin search for “Site Kit by Google,” then choose Install Now, then Activate after it’s done installing.
3. Next, you’re going to want to verify your website ownership with Google Site Kit.
4. Once you verify you domain, you’ll want to allow your domain to access Google data. Click Allow.
5. Finally, you’ll want to set up your Google Search Console. You can follow the instructions here.
6. You’re done!
7. This is the view after you have installed Site Kit in WordPress. You can now AdSense, Analytics or PageSpeed Insights data from this view.
Site Kit provides you with very powerful tools and top-level information regarding your site. The setup is fairly easy, and it provides a lot of information right at your fingertips. It doesn’t replace all the of the tools because there is way more information in each separate tool.
If you want to learn more about the plug, you can check out the documentation.
Are you using Site Kit already? What do you think about the plugin?