Cast Iron Pork Chops are the type of pork chops to make when you’re short on time. If there’s anything this website will offer you more of, its any recipe that we can make fast and easy. It also has to be full of flavor because no one likes boring food.
Cooking it in a cast iron is just a choice for our household, though we use the cast iron very often. This is the one we own. Once you get the hang of heating it properly, you can get some great sears on your meats. You can choose a large pan that can fit all the pork chops in.
We opted to use a chunky marinara sauce because the chunks of tomatoes pair well with the chunks of zucchini medallions. If you choose a plain marinara sauce, this recipe might come out having too much liquid, but that is up to you. Experiment and play around with your food choices! It will make for an interesting evening.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 zucchini
- 2 yellow zucchini
- 1 16 oz jar chunky marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in the cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
- Place pork chops in skillet for 3-4 minutes each side, but not fully cooked through.
- Chop zucchinis lengthwise once, then slice into medallions (or half circles).
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp of oil. Once heated, add in chopped zucchinis and cook until slightly-soft. Pour the marinara sauce over the vegetables.
- Add the pork chops back in over medium heat. Let simmer until meat is cooked through.
- Plate immediately and top with cilantro.
Check out our other main dish recipes here to find some other easy, flavorful dinner recipes for you and your family.