If you love buffalo sauce, then you’ll love this Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe. I love all things buffalo sauce, but I can’t eat buffalo wings every night of the week. It’s just not healthy for us! So, as an alternative to the glorious buffalo wings, I bring to you Buffalo Chicken Salads.
This is a really easy recipe to make on a weeknight. There are only a few ingredients and cooking the chicken makes up the most time. While the chicken is in the oven, you’ll have time to prepare, slice, chop and plate everything else for the salads. How great is that?!
If the amount of sauce looks a little daunting for you, then cut the amount down to 1/3 cup instead. It will save you a little bit of the bite if you’re not into the strong heat that comes from the 1/2 cup. Then there’s the option of the dressing. If you’re not into blue cheese, you can swap that one out for ranch dressing. Or don’t use dressing at all! That’s the beauty of a salad – you can add in more of the ingredients you love to create a satisfying meal.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Franks red hot sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 avocado
- Romaine lettuce
- Blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut chicken into cubes and slice the onion.
- On a foil-lined pan, roast chicken and onion until chicken is cooked through, roughly 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken then toss with Franks sauce.
- Cook corn according to package instructions.
- Assemble salads: Add sliced lettuce to a bowl, top with corn, chicken, onion and avocado. Top with dressing.